Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Poor Decisions

I really really really hate it when I wake up feeling like shit about myself, and then make shitty decisions on top of that.

I had my kids walk to school today. I had no idea that it rained last night and then froze into sheer sheets of ice on the whole route to school. So I just stayed holed up in bed, blithely telling my anxiety- and depression-riddled children "it's warm enough to walk! Get going!"

Both my girls fell on their walk. They're both pissed at me and the depressed one is saying she doesn't have enough energy to deal with the walk AND school. I'd write it off as her being melodramatic, except that I know EXACTLY what that feels like. And then David probably had the same problems, only his school counselor won't let him call me when he's just upset (and not physically ill), so I don't know. But I'll get to hear about it, plus how it ruined his whole day, while he dissolves into fresh sobs and misery once he's home from school.

Boy, today is just great.
Sincerely, one lonely-as-hell broken shitty parent
- Stell

No comments:

Post a Comment