Friday, March 14, 2014

HELP!

OK, all you bloggy people. I figured out how to get subscribe buttons thingies to show up. I figured out how to get blogs I follow to show up. What I can't figure out how to do is categorize my blog posts. Like, I'd like to have my archive divided up by subject, so if someone is looking for all sewing posts, they'd be in one list, etc.
Can someone walk me through? And do you have any other suggestions to improve the look and usability of this place? I would like it to function well.....but I'm not in a space where it feels like effort well spent to try to figure it out on my own right now.
So...help? Pretty please? It would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. You can use labels when you write a post. Just add a list of any words that have to do with the post. On my blog, it is on the right hand side near the top. Other than that, I don't know how to catagorize. When people search for things, whether on your blog or just a general google search, your blog post may come up in the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figured it out! You were right, Mom. I did need to do labels. And then I was able to add a Labels gadget to the sidebar which let me select what labels I wanted to list.

    ReplyDelete