Monday, April 8, 2013

Dolls Are Making Me Crabby




So I have these dolls. I've been making them for years, slowly perfecting my construction methods, making sure that they go together smoothly, look decently proportional, heads don't pop off, etc. I started with smaller ones, then worked my way up to larger, dollhouse-adult sizes, expanded their clothing pattern options. And if I do say so my self, I think they're pretty great.

So, my brilliant idea is to write a book on how to make these pretty great dollhouse dolls. I kept putting off working on it, by allowing myself to get distracted by food, or dagorhir projects, or errands, or Candy Crush, or, well, anything other than sitting down to get a book outline and master patterns hammered out.

Now I know why I'm avoiding it.

First, I'm not sure where to start. I tried to work on getting some frames done for each size, but once I did a couple of those, I realized that my size estimates for these little guys are ALL OVER THE PLACE inaccurate. And it's bugging the crap out of me. But in order to fix it, I'll need to repattern, and to do THAT I need a compass and metric ruler. Which I appear to be lacking. Dammit.


So then I think, well maybe I should do some writing. Outline the format of the book, source the materials, start some of the content. But, to be quite honest.....I can't think straight today.

So, I think I'm going to pack it all up and call it a wasted day. Maybe go shopping. Get a ruler and compass. See if Joann's carries long chenille stems so maybe a 6" doll will be possible. 'Cause the limitation of the 11.5" stems is driving me nuts, too.

Grr. Rar. *flings doll frames and embroidery floss*

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment